Chef's Sly Okra Soup. Okra My Way


If there's any soup I don't get tired eating, is Okra Soup.

We Call it Okoro in Nigeria. Today I'm letting you in to my secrets. I can eat Okra from. Monday to Sunday without getting fedup.

Welcome to my Kitchen, as I show step by step on how I like to cook my okra soup. I call it "Okra My Way" Oya! - Let go there.

Chef's Sly Okra My Way


Ingredients:

- 500g okra

- 500g meat (beef, fish, or goat meat)

- 2-3 cups of water

- 1 onion, diced

- 2-3 tablespoons palm oil

- 2-3 red or green bell peppers, deseeded and chopped

- 2-3 scotch bonnet peppers, chopped 

- 2-3 seasoning cubes

- Salt to taste

-Ugwu leaves wash and slice 

-Osiza leaves wash and slice

-(Iru or dawadawa optional)

Directions:

1. Rinse and chop the okra into small pieces using a knife or food processor. Set aside.

2. Wash the meat thoroughly, season with some salt and cook in 2 cups of water. Add more water as needed and cook until tender.

3. Once the meat is cooked, remove it from the pot and set aside.

4. In a separate pot, heat the palm oil, and add the onions, bell peppers, and scotch bonnet peppers. Sauté until the onions are translucent.

5. Add the chopped okra, seasoning cubes, and salt to the pot and stir well with a wooden spoon.

6. Pour in the meat stock from the cooked meat and stir the mixture. Allow to cook for about 2 to 3  minutes, don't over cook the okra else the neutered will reduce

7. Add in the cooked meat, stir, and let it simmer for another 1 to 2 minutes.

8. Serve hot with any side of your choice, such as pounded yam, fufu or rice. 

Enjoy your "Okra my way"!

Eat healthy to stay healthy.



Popular Posts